I realized how blessed I am to have all the wonderful people at Refuge. I mean, the counselors are hilarious. All of us are just completely delightful (and I say that with complete humility.) There was never a conversation with any of my fellow counselors that wasn't hilarious or just joyful, and that is wonderful.
Throughout the theme, I felt the Lord emphasizing that He is my Rescuer, my strong tower. It seems like half of the songs we sang had the word "rescue". I also had this lovely (girly) thought about the thought that "there is no other name by which I am saved". Now in this lovey dovey world, we are told that finding the "right guy" will complete or save us, but taking on some guys name won't do that. Changing my name to Mrs. [insert here] will do nothing for me. The Lord is my strong tower and refuge, "the righteous run into it, and they are saved"
So, though I am exhausted, I am stoked for summer camp. God is so good.
"Therefore, behold, I will allure her, Will bring her into the wilderness, and speak comfort to her" Hosea 2:14
2 comments:
That is one of the most comforting verses I've heard this past weekend!
<3 Laura!
wow. i'm so happy to have read that. thanks for your integrity. i seriously love having you as a friend. you're amazzzzing. :)
Post a Comment