Monday, December 1, 2008

Joy.


Sisco gave me some sermons, and I listened to one about Self Control, something I have been struggling with lately. How can I control my thoughts?! And the sermon was talking about how the only way to keep things in control is to have God as the joy and center and purpose in our life. Its interesting because this theme of having God as the joyous center of my life has been popping up lately. But how do I do that? I don't know. I am waiting for Him to do the work. 

in the words of Jon Foreman "I've become an empty shell of the man I liked so well. I am a living breathing hell. Resurrect me."

Pastor also said something I loved (paraphrased)
"Our emotions are just as filled with sin as our intellectualism."
I love that. people always say "don't trust your emotions" but we can't trust our intellect either! The pastor said "We are made in God's image, and God has emotions. Emotions can't always be wrong, they can just be affected by sin."

Coming soon: a description of my bizarre New Testament class. 

1 comment:

Brianna said...

oOo a preview of what is to come? haha. i like that. the whole deal you just wrote on. especially the part about not trusting your emotions OR your intellect. geesh. that's hard. what DO i trust? oh wait......Jesus. it's hard. "lean not on your own understanding."