-From "Say" by John MayerSo, recently I've been learning the value of honesty and openness. I'm beginning to realize that hiding things or feigning interest (or disinterest) is really pointless. Why do we always try to keep up appearances?
I read this awesome article on a usually comical blog called Stuff Christians Like, about the gift of going second. I mentioned it to Al, and he mentioned it at the small group meeting today, and I would honestly recommend this article to everyone. It is funny, poignant and true.
Honesty really blows down barriers, whether used in a serious or even funny situations. It helps me take life a little less seriously.
3 comments:
I love reading that blog too!! sometimes it has some really awesome stuff! did you read the one on being naked? it was really good!!
yea Jessy, i read that one. SOO awesome. The story about his daughter really made it come alive.
hm. not sure what naked one y'all are talking about but....okay...
haha. totally agree about honesty. love it.
Post a Comment